Reports to: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
At Corcoran Management Company, curb appeal and resident satisfaction are at the top of the list of priorities! Therefore, the maintenance technician has a very important job at Corcoran -- to assist the maintenance manager in maintaining the physical condition of the property inside and out. To do this job well, a maintenance technician must have working knowledge and experience in all of the trades – plumbing, electrical, painting, tiling, locksmithing.
Along with the ability to maintain the physical condition of the property, the maintenance technician must possess solid customer service skills and professionalism to deal effectively with residents, vendors and office staff. These skills are essential to satisfying the main objective of Corcoran Management Company - maintaining high occupancy at the apartment community. The maintenance technician is an important member of the team who helps keeps the property occupied with happy, satisfied residents. He does this by resolving resident work orders and responding to emergency maintenance situations in a timely and satisfactory manner.
According to some of our seasoned maintenance technicians, one of the more interesting aspects of the maintenance technician position at Corcoran is that every day is different. Following is a list of responsibilities that is sure to change daily! If after reading this list, you are interested in a career that challenges your skills and offers you advancement opportunities, Corcoran Management Company invites you to send a resume for review.
- Resolve daily work order requests from existing residents and office staff
- Make-ready vacant apartments for occupancy
- Maintain or replace appliances, fixtures and switches
- Work with contractors as necessary
- Provide preventative and corrective maintenance throughout the property
- Inspect apartments, buildings and/or grounds as necessary
- Ensure that smoke detectors, circuit breakers, outlets and lights in common areas are working
- Assist in the upkeep and maintenance of pools and tennis courts
- Touch up paint
- Repair or replace window screens and glass
- Perform cosmetic repairs within apartments and common areas
- Organize stock and maintenance shop
- Tow and ticket cars as necessary
- Attend the Right-to-Know meeting on using hazardous chemicals
- Participate in rotation of on-call emergencies after hours, evenings and weekends, and mandatory snow removal
- Wear the necessary safety attire and/or use appropriate equipment
- Perform other duties as they arise
- Must submit to and pass Corcoran Management Company’s background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must submit to and pass a Drug and Alcohol Screening as explained in the Corcoran Management Company’s Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must submit to and pass a Physical and Agility Test
- Must be able to read, write and communicate in English.
- Must wear the appropriate uniform provided for this position.