Location: Faxon Commons, Quincy, MA
Reports to: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
Because curb appeal is a #1 priority at Corcoran Management Company, the janitor holds a very important position in the maintenance department. The janitor is responsible for the physical upkeep of the common areas of the apartment buildings at the property including entryways, hallways, laundry rooms, clubhouses, and fitness centers.
In this position, the janitor has the ability to establish the first impressions of potential residents walking through the apartment buildings and clubhouse located on the property. These impressions can sometimes mean the difference between someone renting an apartment at our property and going next door to the competition.
The janitorial position is also an excellent entry-level position for someone interested in a career in residential property maintenance but lacking in the skills and technical education. Corcoran Management Company offers excellent training and advancement opportunities to qualified employees.
- Clean common areas including lobbies, hallways, laundry rooms, clubhouses, fitness centers
- Mop & vacuum hallways and lobby areas
- Wash windows and glass doors in common areas
- Buff entryways and hallways as necessary
- Maintain cleanliness of elevators and stairwells
- Remove rubbish from laundry facilities, clubhouse and fitness center
- Pick up refuse and litter on the grounds
- Remove rubbish from the dumpster areas
- Periodically check and replace light bulbs
- Check and lubricate locks and doors as necessary
- Assist with snow removal (mandatory)
- Perform other duties including grounds and light maintenance that may arise as directed by the maintenance manager or property manager
- Must submit to and pass Corcoran Management Company’s background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must submit to and pass a Substance Abuse Screening as explained in the Corcoran Management Company’s Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must submit to and pass a Physical and Agility Test.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Must wear the appropriate attire provided for this position.