Location: Pelham Apartments, Framingham, MA
Reports to: MAINTENANCE MANAGER
The grounds person is a member of the maintenance team that is responsible for the physical appearance of the grounds of the property. Because curb appeal is a #1 priority at Corcoran Management Company, the grounds person holds a very important position. In this position, the grounds person has the ability to establish the first impressions of potential residents driving through the property.
The primary responsibility of this position is to provide quality maintenance for assigned grounds and provide acceptable curb appeal. The staff member will perform the pruning and/or shearing of shrubs and plants, planting flowers, trees, and upkeep of lawns. Will also dig post holes for signs, responsible for the outside irrigation of all shrubs, grass and fertilization of all outside grass, flowers, etc. as the season demands. Will use ladders to clear gutters, set rail-road ties, repair or replace fences and in general maintain the beautification of the outside grounds.
The grounds position is also an excellent entry-level position for someone interested in a career in residential property maintenance but lacking in the skills and technical education. Corcoran Management Company offers excellent training and advancement opportunities to qualified employees.
- Plant flowers and/or small trees and shrubs
- Prune and/or shear shrubs and plants
- Fertilize and water lawns, flowers, shrubs, plants
- Pull weeds and assist in leaf removal
- Pick up refuse and litter on grounds
- Wear safety attire, use appropriate equipment
- Keep dumpster areas clean
- Assist in care of lawn, shrubs and trees
- Perform other duties as directed by the maintenance or property manager that may include janitorial or light maintenance duties
- Assist with snow removal (mandatory)
- Must submit to and pass Corcoran Management Company’s background screening as explained in the employment application.
- Must submit to and pass a Substance Abuse Screening as explained in the Corcoran Management Company’s Substance Abuse Prevention/Detection Policy.
- Must submit to and pass a Physical and Agility Test.
- Must be able to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Must wear the appropriate attire provided for this position.