Location: Braintree Office
About Corcoran Management Company
Well-respected in the industry, Corcoran Management Company (CMC) and its affiliated companies has enjoyed decades of positive relationships with owners, residents and lenders. CMC’s vision and philosophy for the communities we develop and manage focuses on an absolute commitment to value and the enhancement of assets through superior customer service, exceptional quality standards and uncompromising dedication from our team. We strive at all times to exceed our owners’ and residents’ expectations.
With 85 assets currently under management in the New England area, representing approximately 11,000 units, Corcoran provides property management services to a sophisticated and diverse group of clients from institutional investors to private entrepreneurs and public housing authorities. Our proven reputation and positive relationships with owners, residents, developers, and government agencies distinguish us from the competition.
The Corcoran culture is described as, “collaborative, congenial, collegial, cordial, cohesive, and caring.”
- Consult and advise the CFO with respect to the activities of the department.
- Partner with the CFO to effectively manage relationships with the Accounting team and all Corcoran personnel.
- Implement and maintain Accounting systems; function as strategic advisor to the optimization of Yardi as a business enabling technology.
- Lead the Accounting functions, including month/year end close and reporting, including balance sheet reconciliations, Cash Management and Banking relations, External Audit Coordination, Debt Compliance, AP and Tax Compliance.
- Maintenance of a solid internal control environment including development, documentation, and implementation of accounting policy, procedures, and controls using industry best practices.
- Enable effective business decision-making by developing core business metrics and reporting tools.
- Lead the transformation of the team from a transactional focus to a focus on partnership and business consultation.
- Develop streamlined reporting practices that support effective business decisions.
- Identify opportunities to align Corcoran processes with contemporary Finance and Accounting practices.
- Lead significant process improvement and automation efforts.
- Ensure optimization of available technologies and resources.
- Engage all stakeholders in the development of improved Accounting processes.
- Reinforce, preserve, and strengthen the Corcoran culture throughout the change process.
- Direct the priorities and the work of the Property Accountants and Accounts Payable Department.
- Directly manage Accounting staff including development of existing team and expansion.
- Conduct Accounting Department Meetings and facilitate productive discussions.
- Support the further development of an efficient, high-performing team, acting in partnership with the business to achieve common goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- 10+ years of current Accounting or Finance experience, preferably in residential property management.
- Experience managing a long-tenured team, with the ability to inspire members to embrace new methods and tools in their work.
- Exposure to and experience with contemporary property management accounting practices.
- CPA preferred.
- Thorough understanding of leading-edge Real Estate software tools, preferably extensive prior Yardi 7s experience, as a core supporting technology. Prior system set-up, module implementation or migration experience desirable.
- Proficient use and understanding of Microsoft Office suite products, most notably Excel (intermediate or higher skill level).
- Ability to manage diverse stakeholders.
- Experience challenging the status quo. Demonstrated success managing change in a historically stable environment.
- Highly organized with demonstrable prioritization and deadline management capabilities.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Collaborative and superlative work ethic.